Saturday, January 10, 2009

book-bugging


So it’s not every day that I get to read a book about fun singletons enjoying their independence in the free world (read US and Europe). Would I be like one of them, one day? The Philippines has a much different setting since we’re all about catholicism’s and we-must-be-demure type of women. It seems so restricting that we won’t be able to fully express ourselves because we have limitations. And when we gain enough courage to step out of the box, we are judged and demeaned by society. And to what standards? The ones which are based on how pure and fine our characters must be, how we must remain good always and all those bs which btw, does not work anymore! Notice the fact that we’re already in 2009! I mean, such things may be the reason why our country is in such a rut right now. It’s so annoying! It’s like, if we don’t become what society wants us to be, we are treated like pariahs!
(this is duly influenced by books I’ve read, news I’ve read and watched, lectures from intelligent human beings and my personal opinion)