Monday, July 19, 2010

Birthdays just stress me out

For the following reasons:

  1. I am a very insecure person. On this day, my insecurities reach the level of their full potential. Go figure.
  2. I'm so concerned about not wanting to be greeted with a "Happy Birthday". It's so cliche. Just because it's a birthday doesn't always mean it's happy. I'm not happy. I want the day to end. Fast.
  3. This day I got a cold. On previous birthdays, i got some unfortunate mishaps which shall not be repeated. This getting-a-cold thing is mild compared to all the other stuff.
  4. Money. I don't want to spend money. Every single minute of the day there are subtle signs that I should spend money. I say NO.
  5. I cringe every time someone greets me a happy birthday and tells me I'm getting older. UGH.
  6. I secretly take note of those who greet me, which is a bad habit, then I debate with myself if I should say thanks or have the right to ignore their greetings for reasons stated in number 2.
  7. I just want to be left alone.
  8. I hate going out to do meaningless stuff when I could just stay on my room and contemplate about myself, how I've changed, how I am as a person. I want evaluate who I've been, who I'm becoming and if I'm going for my dreams instead of sitting out a formal dinner with strangers.
  9. I want to go shopping too, alone.
  10. I want to try some new stuff by myself. it's my "me" time.


Hey, I only get this once a year, so hell yeah, I'd milk it for all it's worth!