Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quoting Ballers part 2

"David is an amazing player - he has mobility, he scores goals and is brave. I would love to have him in my team at Arsenal. He'd be amazing in the English league." Spain team-mate Cesc Fabregas, June 2008.
"Leaving Madrid is not a defeat. They have treated me very bad, but I prefer not to speak, really. Inter are one of the biggest clubs in the world, for four years they have been Italian champions, and I am proud to wear the Nerazzurra jersey. This is a World Cup year and I want to go there as a protagonist." Wesley Sneijder in August 2009.
 "History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won." Andres Iniesta, August 2009.
 "Gourcuff is a player with great talent. He's fantastic, if he continues like this, at the end of his career he will be remembered in football history, I'm sure of this." Kaka, June 2009.
"The spotlight will always be on me, but it's something I'm learning to live with as the years go by."David Beckham, April 2009.
 "The reality is, when you're somewhat successful at what you do, there's always a group of people who aren't going to like you. I like to think I live my life the right way, and that's what's important. But I understand that people are passionate about soccer, and that's OK." Landon Donovan.