Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quoting ballers


“I have complete faith in the France team of tomorrow. It’s going to explode one day and I’m going to do all I can to be part of it.”
Adil Rami to FIFA.com

“I was clear that I wanted to play for the best, and for me Mourinho is the best. We spoke and he convinced me."
Mesut Ozil on his decision to join Real Madrid

“I remember so many nights sleeping on the streets. When I look at what’s happened, it’s like sport’s version of Cinderella. All the sacrifices have proved worth it. Football can change lives.”
Bebe after joining Manchester United

“I’ve lived my whole life on the football pitch, but the end of my career is getting close. I want to finish the year well and then decide if I will continue playing. I don’t want to set a date for my retirement. When the time is right I want to say after a game, ‘that’s it’.”
Ronaldo of Corinthians

"It is like a dream. All the players at United were heroes to me, people like Cantona and Ronaldo. I liked Solskjaer a lot and others, like Giggs and Scholes. I wanted to be like them and now I am here, I can promise I will do my best to emulate them."
Javier Hernandez following his Manchester United debut


“I received a very good offer from Chelsea and it was a very difficult decision, but I’m very happy at Santos. Money alone doesn’t bring happiness.”
Neymar on his decision to sign a new contract at the Vila Belmiro


“I love the club and I don't see myself going anywhere else.”
Arsene Wenger after penning a new Arsenal contract