Friday, September 17, 2010

A taste of Mango Yema

I wandered aimlessly in my mind as I looked at the day's memories for a topic. My day started really well. I woke up just as the alarm started going off, and then I pushed the snooze button and fell asleep again. I had this dream that I was back in high school and embarking on a great adventure. of course I wanted to see what happens next so I slept again. I was jolted awake by noises outside the room, sleepily took a look at the time and without even thinking, jumped off the bed and bathed in a record time of 10 minutes. Don't ask. I have this very special ability to do things in an impulsive, thoughtless manner. 

I hate my course and it usually takes a very special something to make me sit up and listen and really care about lectures. i guess I still have a drop of care left for humanity as I listened well to the lectures in Emergency Nursing. The concepts are well presented and since I seem to have found hope yet again on this terrible journey towards graduation, I took it to heart. We're on to bandaging and what keeps running around in my mind at that moment was that: I could help someone someday. Wow. I was astounded at my idealistic humanitarianism. I still care, apparently. I am not deluded into thinking that I'd be a great nurse, but I could still feel the possibility that there exists a non-cynical part of my mind that actually wants to help people. 

There could be salvation. 

So where does mango yema fit in all these self realization? Well, we went to Robinsons and tasted it and loved it. My taste buds have found another nirvana.