Friday, September 10, 2010

When the World Cup players get back to France NT...

I don't feel so good about it. Patrice Evra, I have this dire feeling about him. I hope it won't prove true. There's something sinister about the come-back of the world cup players. Evra, Gourcuff and Ribery don't mix well together. It would be such a shame if their issues would pull down the team again. Whatever issues they've had was not resolved during all those times they were together for the World Cup. They are men, not boys, they should have been able to forgo their issues for the sake of the team, for the sake of their country but they didn't. It blew up and caused a once-proud football nation so much disgrace. And Evra's attempts to get pardon and lift the 5 match ban shows a steak of impatience, pride and resoluteness that does not suit me well. This insistence to get back on the team, the impatience looks to me like he does not accept his role in the world cup disaster. And that lack of remorse or guilt means he is not psychologically ready to be back. How would he set himself up in a fresh, young team with a new coach? Plus the other world cup players will be back, and I feel apprehensive about that. Right now, Blanc has enough troubles in his hand without the players' issues getting in the mix. France is slowly but surely rising from disgrace, they need the consistent wins and mind set without anyone inside the team ruffling their feathers. I know the world cup players were the best in their clubs, but even with so much talent, they failed. They had NO TEAMWORK. Evra couldn't be a good captain, he wasn't bale to resolve inner team conflict or maybe set boundaries for players to not take their issues beyond the locker room and into the pitch. It was all a failure. And getting them back, well, for me, spells more disaster. I don't want that. I guess if as a player, you feel you can't represent your country well enough, you should just stop lying to yourself and let others take the lead. France is a new, young team. Let it grow enough, maybe they'll show us back the glory again. I know they will. The new players know they are young and inexperienced internationally but still they are trying, and their last win proved it. They could do it. If ever Evra and the otehrs come back, I hope they won't ruin it.