Friday, May 27, 2011

A Life Without Passion Is No Life at All

I woke up to a cold draft from my open window. It was raining, not as hard as i wished it would be but drizzling. The moment my brain cleared from all the cobwebs of sleep, I had one conviction: I will not go to the simulation tests today. And my mind was made up and nothing can change it.
A friend once told me she has a technique every morning when she feels too lazy to get up, she stops thinking about it. Instead, she'll get up and do her early morning routine instinctively. It was a pretty good advice. It worked.
But I can't keep on doing this. I can't keep on having to push myself out of bed just to get myself to go and answer 500 test questions when I would rather be reading books or doing football stuff.
These are the moments when I feel like I'm walking endlessly into a tunnel and in the end there's a wall of loose plastic blocking my way, I keep pushing towards exit but I get suffocated with the plastic instead. It clings to my body and I couldn't get a breathe out.